Through churches & volunteers worldwide, children receive Jesus’ love & forgiveness.
Operation Christmas Child’s The Greatest Journey discipleship course allow children and their families to learn to trust and walk with Jesus.
Check out the stats:
Prayer and Fasting Opens Hardened Hearts
(First-hand testimony from a sensitive country, the names have been changed)
Ilsa – retired English teacher& Prayer Coordinator of a Regional Team runs an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) Educational Center in a local village. She has the heart of a mother for every child and adult that comes to her center. 2,500 people live in the village. Ilsa distributes shoeboxes at her center and teaches The Greatest Journey discipleship program combined with English and dance classes. Everybody in the village respects “Aunt Ilsa.”
After a shoebox distribution last year, a little boy ran into his house, and joyfully proclaimed to his father, “Hooray, daddy! Jesus is our Lord!” His father, who serves as the religious leader in the village, got really angry and told his son to “shut up and never go to Aunt Ilsa’s Educational Center again.” When Ilsa heard, she immediately contacted all her prayer partners to pray and fast. The next week, the father brought his little son to the Center and asked if he could, please, observe The Greatest Journey lesson about the “Prophet” (referring to Jesus Christ). After the lesson, the father was invited for a cup of tea. He accepted, and after chatting about the weather and “present day morals” he cleared his throat and said: “Thank you very much. You are teaching these boys and girls the right things.”
“I believe,” says Ilsa, “that the time will come, when the whole family will be saved! Why am I so convinced? One of the boy’s aunts was my English student and she listened to the Word of God and prayed with the other kids. Now she works abroad to support her family. Every time she visits her village she pays me a visit. When this young boy proclaimed “Hooray, daddy! Jesus is our Lord!”, it was a blowup in this house! This brought salvation into the house of this religious leader who then became a “man of peace.” When I talk now with the father at the parents’ meetings, sometimes we discuss spiritual questions and he agrees that only Isa (Jesus) has the keys of Hades and of Death.”
Don’t forget we are still collecting items for the fall packing party come September.
As always, please pray. . .
WEEK OF June 1-8: Australia
- Praise God for a safe vision trip to Fiji/Cambodia where team members are able to see God’s mercy and movement there
- Pray for more churches, schools and groups to pack shoeboxes in 2018; more team members to be trained/equipped
- Pray for OCC launch events & conferences across Australia & New Zealand- motivated volunteers to be trained
- Open eyes of pastors and church leaders to see the impact of shoeboxes for Evangelism, Discipleship and Multiplication
WEEK OF June 10-16: Canada
- Thank God for SW Ontario Regional Mgr position filled; unity/favor/protection for all regional teams
- Praise God for many new OCC volunteers recruited during National Recruitment week.
- Pray for Holy Spirit’s wisdom/ discernment for Field manager’s to recruit, select, equip, lead and develop volunteers.
WEEK OF June 17-23: Japan
- Praise God for National partnership with a Christian book store & for 13, 527 shoeboxes packed
- Pray for Holy Spirit to call local churches in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka to join OCC shoebox
- Pray for Regional Manager in Kanto and developing of prayer network nationwide
WEEK OF June 24-30 Germany
- Praise for 6 Regional Connect Conferences where Germans heard and saw the impact of Gospel Opportunity Shoeboxes
- Urgent Need-staff members, local volunteers and suitable location for Central Processing
- Pray for many refugees that Germany is ministering to and to raise up the church and open doors for OCC.