One of the three stated purposes of NYC 2015 is “to impact the host city and serve the people of Louisville through a variety of projects and presence,” and students have routinely named the “Ministry With Others” (MWO) projects as a highlight of NYC15.
Past projects have included:
- NEIGHBORHOOD CLEAN-UP
- REVITALIZATION OF BUILDINGS, PARKS, AND COMMUNITY CENTERS/SPACES
- PAINTING HOMES AND SCHOOLS
- CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES IN CONJUNCTION WITH LOCAL COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS
- WORKING WITH LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES AND SHELTERS FOR DONATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD
- BUNDLES OF HOPE CARE PACKAGES: PROVIDING BABY SUPPLIES TO MOTHERS IN NEED
- COLLABORATION WITH CHURCHES ON PROJECTS TO MEET NEEDS IN THE COMMUNITY
What are the things that North Central Ohio NYI is collecting to bring for the Bundles Of Hope Project?
- Diapers (newborn through size 6)
- Training Pants (2T-4T)
- Underwear (S-XL)
- Hygiene items (shampoo, baby lotion, creams, etc.)
- Diaper wipes
- Diaper Bags
- Clothes (onesies, outfits, hats)
- Eating supplies (bottles, Sippy cups, silverware, plates, bowls, formula holders, etc.)
- Medical Items (thermometer, snot bulb, etc.)
Along with the items above, each student is asked to provide at least 1 package of diapers:
- Entering Freshman: New Born Diapers – Size 1 Diapers
- Entering Sophomore: Size 2 Diapers
- Entering Junior: Size 3 Diapers
- Entering Senior: Size 4 Diapers
- 2015 High School Graduates: Size 5- Size 6 Diapers
Help @BedNaz teens collect their items by stopping by the easel in the foyer and picking an item or to to donate to the project.
#NYC15 begins July 8 and continues through July12 in Louisville, Kentucky so please drop off your donated items no later than Sunday Serve on July 5.